Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Outlaw Demon Wails by Kim Harrison

I just finished this last night and I'm still blinking my eyes over it.

Let me say off the bat, it's a GOOD book. It isn't one that you just can't put down, but it's a very good book.

Actually, that I COULD put it down made it a better book for me. I was able to digest some of the action and dialog that was going on throughout the book.

The plot was engaging and you learn quite a bit about Rachel, her Mom and even her brother in the course of the story. Ivy and Rachel start coming to terms with their relationship and even Ceri has a surprise in store for you. Rachel makes a new friend as well but...alas...we don't get to know much about them in this book.

The parts I had problems with were the reintroduction of Marshall, a bunch of the Demon stuff and the ending revelation that Rachel has. For me, it sort of smacks of Anita Blake...starts out as a normal everyday whatever and over the course of the books becomes SUPER ANITA! *G* I do have to say, it makes SENSE, but...I can't help wishing that it hadn't come about...yet.

But I do like Rachel much more and the way Ms. Harrison is bringing the changes about is MUCH better than Ms. Hamilton's never ending sexcapades.

All in all, I'm giving this book a 3.75 out of 5 berries. It is a 4 in most places but the problems I had with it made me want to give a 3.5. So I'm compromising. *G*

No comments: