Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Winter's Touch by Allie Gail

I liked this book more than I thought I would when I first started it. Found it refreshingly different with a plot that was simply enjoyable to sink into. Julian might not be my favorite vampire heroes, but he quickly climbed to good standing. The legend that author used as a plot point is intriguing, I'm looking forward to delving into research on it. I also enjoyed the slow build from anger to love that the characters exhibited. Too often, in romance novels at least, lust and attraction are utilized to invoke true love. The meandering trail Julian and Eva take on their way to love everlasting is satisfying in its realism. They aren't instantly "in love"; indeed there's a fair amount of hatred on either side before attraction pokes its head out and the couple slowly realize it's there. While the writing is not superstar quality, the book is a truly satisfying read. Don't hesitate to pick this one up. 4 out of 5 berries

No comments: